Car Accident Lawyer San Francisco Dolan Law.
The saying that goes, ‘where there is a will, there is a lawyer is true, and probably it is also true to say ‘where there is a car accident or personal injuries, there should be a lawyer! But, do you really need a personal injury lawyer after every accident?
Does hiring a car accident attorney adds value, or is it worth it? How many car accidents occur in San Fransisco yearly? and is Dolan law firm the best at handling car accidents? Alright, read on to get answers.
According to current data, more than 8,000 Americans are injured in car accidents on daily basis. The same source shows that the USA experiences the highest number of car accident deaths than any other country in the world.
The 3 leading causes of car accidents in the USA today are; distracted driving like attending to your phone while driving, drinking under the influence (DUI0, and speeding. In the UK the commonest cause of car accidents is driver failure to look properly which accounts for more than 37.9% of all crashes. reading further? below are the article contents of the article I will talk about.
What does a car accident lawyer do?
Whoever does not know that ignorance of the law is not an excuse, is probably from mars. But surprisingly, most of us do not know the laws of the land! If you were asked to list at least 3 traffic laws in your area, most of us would not mention a thing! This is the very reason people hire lawyers!
For instance, during a car accident trial process, the defendant or complainant, to stand a chance of winning the personal injury case should prove to the judge or jury that:
1. The defendant had a duty of care towards him. These include driving responsibly and carefully. For instance, the driver (at fault) should not have failed to yield, not have had run a red light, no DUI, no distracted driving, etc.
2. The defendant breached that duty of care leading to a car accident. For instance, having red a red light led to a car crash.
3. It is also the duty of the claimant (defendant) to prove to the jury that it was in this accident that the plaintiff (claimant) suffered injuries and other property losses.
To prove the above 3 things needs visual evidence, expert and nonexpert witnesses, medical reports, car accident police reports, car accident footage, and pictures, an understanding of the law in your state, car insurance laws, court proceedings like how to file lawsuits, deposition, trial, etc.
If you really think the above does not come naturally to you, then you should definitely think of hiring a car accident attorney. A person injured unlawfully is entitled to numerous damages like medical expenses, pain, and suffering, loss of consortium, emotional damages, lost property damages, etc. Only an experienced lawyer knows better the list of damages you could be entitled to depending on the nature of your case.
Should I get a lawyer for an accident that was my fault?
A car accident attorney does not only defend at-fault drivers. They also defend the rights of innocent drivers, and make sure they receive damages that are fair depending on the personal injuries sustained and other losses.
No person should suffer expenses due to the carelessness of another party, and this is a reason why you need to hire a lawyer to recover your losses more especially if you are not at fault in the accident.
You may not be the at-fault driver but suffered property damages, sustained bodily injuries, emotional stress, lost consortium, lost potential to fend for yourself and your family, and so many others. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in the year 2010, there was more than $1 trillion loss in productivity and lost lives.
So the answer is yes. You should hire a car accident lawyer for an accident that wasn’t your fault if you want to protect your rights, and get the compensation you are entitled to. On the other hand, hiring a lawyer for any minor accident in which you suffered minor injuries or no property damages is not worth it.
Do I need an attorney to get a car accident settlement?
The answer is yes and no. An injured person should be compensated by the person who unlawfully injured him. If the at-fault driver carries car insurance coverage, the injured person receives damages from the insurance company on behalf of the at-fault driver.
You need an attorney after a car accident if:
1. The insurance company stonewalls you. Of course, it s not easy to negotiate a fair settlement with any insurance company. If the company acts in a way you the claimant do not like, go get a lawyer.
2. Unfair settlement. Usually, the first or second offer from the insurance will be disappointingly low. This is because insurance companies know how desperate you are for money soon after a car crash. They want to advantage of your financial situation and cheat you.
3. You need to sue the at-fault driver or his insurance company. You want all the legal proceedings to be handled by an attorney.
4. Wrongfully blamed for the accident. If it’s hard for you to prove your innocence in a car accident, hiring a car accident attorney is also a better option. Lawyers know best if you violated laws or not.
On the other hand, you may not need to hire a car accident lawyer if; you expect a small settlement because it was a minor injury, you have no issues negotiating with the car insurance company, you think your settlement is fair, or people who are comfortable with the law need no lawyers.
San Francisco car accident lawyer
Many law firms in San Francisco handle car accident cases. Here are a few of them.
1. Sally Morin Personal Injury Lawyers PC.
The key points from their websites are:
- The law firm successfully won a $4,250,000 settlement from the scooter Vs Tax accident case.
- Won Pedestrian Car accident case that settled for $2,230,000
- The law firm is a 5-star rated, all-female law firm specializing in traffic accidents.
- Their contact – 877 380 8852
2. Dolan Law Firm Injury and Accident Attorneys. They are rated as the best California personal injuries. Key points from their website are;
- Founder and lead Chris Dolah is recognized as the best personal injury lawyer in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orland, and California. I share the contact number later in this article.
3. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc.
- It’s an award-winning law firm in California
- Handles personal injury cases like dog bites, wrongful deaths, car accidents, and other similar injuries.
- Over $550,000,000 in total recovered from personal injury cases
- More than 15 offices in different locations.
- The law firm says it handles one case at a time.
- Their contact :
Dolan law firm Los Angeles
Dolan law firm prides itself as the best law firm which handles cases like personal injuries, elderly abuses, employee rights, and car, bike, and motorcycle accidents. The law firm was founded by a top trial attorney in the name of Chris Dolan. Dolan law firm serves areas like the Bay area, San Francisco, Oakland, and Los Angeles.
Dolan law firm reviews
People who hire Dolan law firm usually pride themselves over
- Outstanding track record. This is a top plaintiff law firm that has recovered millions of settlements for its clients.
- Best trial lawyers. Not all lawyers fancy the idea of taking personal injuries to trial. You will still get less settlement offer if the car insurance company discovers that the lawyer you hired does not like going to court.
- Leaders among attorneys. Chris Dolan and many of his firm lawyers serve on several boards of directors. Your rights as an unlawfully injured person will be highly observed because it is the law firm that sets standards.
- Resources to win your case. Did you know that small law firms or independent lawyers may not be having enough capital to invest in your case?
- If you decide to try your luck with Dolan law firm, contact them in San Francisco at 415-417-1643
San francisco car accident
According to this site, there are more than 140,000 registered vehicles in California, and according to the same source, San Francisco has more than 400,000 registered vehicles.
Reports indicate that there were at least 18 deaths out of every 100,000 car accidents in San Francisco. In the bay area, over 55,800 accidents were caused by distracted driving. According to this site, there were more than 7,000 car accidents in San Francisco in the year 2019.
Can francisco accident reports
It is required by law to report car accidents to the nearby traffic offices or you will be required to complete an online car accident report in San Francisco. To report a car accident in San Francisco, call 911 or non-emergency phone at 1-415-553-0123 or by City Services & Questions 3-1-1.
You can also access all San Franciso car accident reports by visiting the San Francisco police department’s crash reports at this site. San Francisco accident report online lists the location of a car accident, the time of the accident, the vehicles involved, and a brief description of the accident.
Fatal car accident in san francisco today
Fatal accidents are crashes in which a score of people lose their lives. The persons killed may be pedestrians, passengers, or drivers. One of the cities in California with the highest number of car accidents is Los Angeles. According to jnylaw.com, there were more than 27,000 car accidents in Los Angeles and 5,700 crashes in San Diego.
Car accident lawyer no injury-is it okay?
If you had an accident in which neither you nor others sustained injuries, then there is no need of hiring a personal injury lawyer. But make sure your car does not need significant repairs. Hiring a lawyer costs money and therefore you do not need one if you had minor injuries whereby your settlement won’t be significant.
I have a personal friend who refused a $10,000 settlement offer after his attorney advised him to. The lawyer filed a lawsuit for more money only for the jury to award only $8,000. This means the plaintiff lost money. So guys, make sure you play your cards very well otherwise not every car accident case warrants hiring a lawyer.
What is the average settlement for a car accident in California?
As far as personal injuries are concerned, settlement refers to an agreement between the plaintiff (victim) and the defendant (his insurance company). The 2 parties agree upon all the terms and conditions of ending the case. The 2 parties usually agreed on how much the plaintiff will be paid without going to courts of law.
According to USA’s car accident settlement data, the average settlement for car accidents in California is somewhere between $14,500 to $28,300. So, you should expect at most around $21,500.
Can you switch lawyers in the middle of a car accident case in California?
Before switching attorneys, it is highly recommendable to first review the laws that govern your state. In California, the plaintiff is free to fire his/her attorney at any time during the trial or settlement negotiations.
What you should know is that, depending on the agreement you made with your attorney, you will be asked to pay lawyer fees and some costs already incurred by the lawyer or firm.
In summary, if you are looking for a car accident in San Francisco, the bay Area, Los Angeles, and California at large look no further than Dolan law firm. Dolan law firm is regarded as the best in the state of California and more so in particular San Francisco.